Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crosby's Concussion and What the Symptoms Might Feel Like

Here is a snip of an interview with Crosby. It talks about the symptoms. And the feeling of just being off.

Q. Can you describe what the symptoms were?


CROSBY: It's hard to explain. I guess anybody that's kinda gone through it will be able to explain it too. You just feel off, headaches, a little sick. That's basically the symptoms. That's kinda been what it's been like the last couple of days.


Q. Have you had a concussion before in your NHL career?


No. No, so it's something new. That's probably the best way to describe it.

Q. There's such a strict protocol in all the sports in terms of concussions. Do you feel they're going to monitor you?

That's important for me, especially. I don't want to come back too soon. I know they won't allow that to happen. It's a little bit different than a shoulder or different things like that, that you can play through in the course of the season. It's pretty serious. You want to make sure that you're completely clear from doing it again.


Q. What were your thoughts on both of the hits this week, with all the focus on Steckel and then Hedman?


I didn't like them. You talk about headshots and dealing with them, and that's been something that's been a pretty big point of interest from everybody -- GMs and players. When I look at those two hits ... when we talk about blindside, that's a big word. Unsuspecting player. There's no puck there on both of them. Direct hit to the head on both of them. If you go through the criteria, I think they fit all those.


I know it's a fast game. If anybody understands it's a fast game ... I've been hit a thousand times. When you get hit like that, there's nothing you can do. There's no way to protect yourself. Those are things that hopefully they pay more attention to. It's easy saying that, being in this situation; but those are two hits, looking back, that I can't say I should have done something different or had my head down. I wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment